Through direct financial support and/or in-kind contributions to worthwhile organizations, Numerica Credit Union strives to be an active partner in the community and a responsible corporate citizen. Numerica Credit Union employees volunteered over 10,000 hours in 2013. We recognize that these actions support the credit union philosophy of "People Helping People."
Here are some events supported by Numerica in 2013 and 2014:
Throughout the Year
First Class School Champion of the Month is a program in North Central Washington that Numerica sponsors. Employees give many hours to this program, enhancing the importance of education for our youth. Click HERE to learn more about the First Class School Champion Program.
- Wenatchee Apple Blossom Festival - Numerica was a major sponsor of the Wenatchee Apple Blossom Festival. The pageant was held Saturday, February 8 at Wenatchee High School. Congrats to Princess Caroline, Queen Roslyn and Princess Morgan!
- Souper Bowl - The Souper Bowl Ski & Snowshoe event held at Mt. Spokane is on Super Bowl Sunday every year, and was a huge success! The event started nine years ago as a way for Spokane women to make a difference on the number one day for domestic partner abuse in the United States. Skiing, snowshoeing, and amazing soup and baked goods for lunch were prepared in time for everyone to get back to town to watch the game. Numerica’s sponsorship made it possible for 100% of registration fees and additional donations to go toward the mission of the Women & Children’s Free Restaurant & Community Kitchen.
- YMCA Pedal for a Purpose - At each of the YMCA branches, relay teams ride stationary bikes for this 6 hour event. Their goal is to raise awareness for the Y’s Annual Community Support Campaign, which gives children, families, and people of all ages the opportunity to enjoy the YMCA. This event creates a lot of excitement and enthusiasm within the community while highlighting the YMCA’s commitment to nurturing the potential of kids, promoting healthy living and fostering a sense of social responsibility. Numerica had a crew of biking machines participate in the YMCA's Pedal for a Purpose!
- Casual for a Cause - Numerica employees raised $488 for Cup of Cool Water of Spokane.
- 2nd Harvest Pasco - Our Pasco branch collected 103 pounds of food for Second Harvest in the Columbia Basin area! This was such a great achievement that they even received a thank you letter from Second Harvest's CEO, Jason Luke Clark.
- CEO on the Road - Numerica's CEO, Carla Altepeter, surprised five local charities with $5,000 each! Watch the video to see Carla in action, visiting Children's Village, Hearth Homes, Because There Is Hope, Operation Healthy Family and the Wishing Star Foundation.
- Meals on Wheels - Numerica employees made canned food donations throughout December and in January these items were given to Meals on Wheels of Spokane. Numerica Employees Rock!
- Tri City Americans Numerica Night - Saturday, January 18, was Numerica Night with the Tri-City Americans. The first 1,000 fans received co-branded keychain flashlights and others entered to win Ams swag at our Numerica table. We also gave 100 lucky Numerica members free admission to the game and 300 others received drawstring backpacks!
- Coaches vs Cancer - Numerica employees participated in Coaches vs Cancer through purchases of Believe shirts and Suits and Sneakers Day. All proceeds went to the American Cancer Society.
- Wenatchee Winter Ice Gala - The Wenatchee Winter Ice Gala at Town Toyota Center was an amazing event held on January 31, 2014... And to top it all off, Numerica raised $17,000 for the Area's Youth Enrichment Fund for the Community Foundation of NCW!
- Casual for a Cause - Numerica employees raised $430 for Oxford House.
- Employee Auction - On December 5th Numerica held their Annual Employee Auction and raised $17,421! The funds were dispersed throughout our various areas, Wenatchee: Children’s Home Society, Tri-Cities: Boys and Girls Club of Benton & Franklin County, Spokane/CDA: CASA Partners.
- Festival of Trees - On December 7th Numerica’s North Idaho branches had the Festival of Trees winter Gala for the Kinderhaven Orphanage in Sandpoint. Their tree was able to raise $1,600 dollars! All the proceeds went to Kinderhaven to feed and clothe children. Hayden and Coeur d’Alene worked together by donating money and driving to Sandpoint numerous times to decorate the tree and help plan event.
- Gingerbread Build Off - December 15th Numerica helped Christ Kitchen celebrate their 9th Annual Gingerbread Build Off at the Davenport Hotel.
- Casual for a Cause - Numerica employees raised $535 for the Tree of Sharing.
- Operation Candy - Numerica's Kennewick, Pasco and Richland branches collected 110 pounds of candy. Kids who brought in their excess Halloween candy earned $1 per pound. All treats are sent to the troops in Iraq and Afghanistan.
- Tom's Turkey Drive - In addition to Numerica being a proud sponsor of Tom's Turkey Drive, employees participated in bag stuffing, Saturday help, Turkey Tuesday distribution, the Mittens Matter campaign and surprised KREM 2 and Tom Sherry with a $5,000 donation! More than 95 employees volunteered their time for a great cause!
- Casual for a Cause - Two days in October were devoted to Casual for a Cause, the first raised over $950 for SCRAPS. The second day, in honor of Breast Cancer awareness month, raised $665 for the Susan G. Komen Foundation.
- Odyssey Youth Center - Numerica was a proud sponsor of Odyssey Youth Center's 2013 Masquerade.
- Buddy Walk - Numerica's Tri-Cities branches sold candy to raise funds for the Downs Syndrome Association of the Mid-Columbia's 2013 Buddy Walk. Our three branches raised an amazing $1,382.
- Casual for a Cause - $585 was raised by Numerica employees for the Vanessa Behan Crisis Nursery.
- Children's Miracle Network - CMN Jeans Day allows groups and individuals alike to trade their work attire for jeans and help raise funds for kids at their local CMN Hospital. Numerica employees donated over $480 this year for Jeans Day!
- United Way Day of Action - Each year, communities around the world come together to harness the volunteer spirit and improve the conditions in which they live; this year Numerica employees came together to spruce up SNAP Office in Spokane.
- Fiery Foods Festival - This signature event for Downtown Pasco Development Authority is a place where the entire family can listen to great music, shop local vendors, taste exciting foods and enjoy Hispanic culture at its best. Numerica had a booth setup to chat with our Tri-Cities members.
- JDRF - This year Numerica employees and our members raised $770 participating in the walk, purchasing JDRF "shoes" and candy grams!
- Valleyfest - Over 30 Numerica employees and their families participated in this year's Valleyfest. Whether they collect signatures, walked the parade, competed in the Triathlon or simply brought their pups for Responsible Dog Ownership Day, it was all a huge success!
- Blessings Under the Bridge - Numerica provided 400 servings of ice cream for the Blessings Under the Bridge weekly feed on September 18.
- Casual for a Cause - Numerica employees donated more than $350 that went towards the Annual School Supply Drive. This monetary contribution was on top of hundreds of school supplies donated by Numerica personnel.
- Casual for a Cause Tri-Cities - $280 was raised by Numerica's Tri-Cities branches that were donated to My Friends Place, an overnight sanctuary for homeless teens.
- Airway Festival - The Kid Zone at this year's Airway Heights Festival was sponsored by Numerica, including the especially popular "Chalk It Up" art contest. The winners won a tablet to further their education and art dreams!
- Backpacks for Kids - On August 16, the Salvation Army handed out over 3,700 backpacks full of school supplies to local children. Numerica and Byte were there handing out goodies and greeting families as well.
- 4th of July - Downtown Coeur d'Alene Parade - The annual Fourth of July Festival is put on by the Coeur d'Alene Chamber of Commerce and Numerica is proud to be a Presenting Sponsor!
- Muddy Miles - On July 20, a few members of Team Numerica got muddy for a great cause! Muddy Miles is a 2 mile run and obstacle course that supports Dirne Community Health Center, who provides affordable healthcare.
- UGM Water Delivery - Numerica employees stopped by the Union Gospel Mission to deliver water to help out with their Friday Night Outreach program.
- Casual for a Cause - Numerica employees raised $424 for the Shawn Higgins Memorial Fund.
- Relay for Life Spokane - $2,812 was raised in the 2013 Relay for Life in Spokane.
- Mariachi Festival - Numerica participated in the Mariachi & More Festival Sunday, June 23. This event was held at beautiful Columbia Park in Kennewick and was coordinated by the Tri-Cities Chamber of Commerce. There was face painting, music and fun had by all!
- Parade of Paws - The Annual Parade of Paws is a day of fun that helps ensure that the unwanted and abandoned animals at the Spokane Humane Society will have a safe, secure and sanitary place to stay with food, water and veterinary care. Numerica employees brought their pups along for this great cause!
- Vanessa Behan Blankets - Numerica's Five Mile crew, along with their family and friends, got together after business hours to make blankets to donate to Vanessa Behan Crisis Nursery! Vanessa Behan is a crisis center, where parents can drop off their children, "no questions asked," for a night. The center is designed to prevent child abuse by creating a safe haven for children whose parents might be going through a difficult time in life.
- Hoopfest 2013 - Numerica was a major sponsor with 49 employee volunteers in the Numerica Sponsor Garden and five Numerica teams participating in the festivities.
- Fire on the Runway - Team Numerica attended Fire on the Runway, a fashion show featuring local firefighters and models that benefits the Red Cross!
- Relay for Life - Team Numerica participated in the Coeur d'Alene Relay for Life.
- Coaches vs. Cancer Week at Numerica - Numerica employees raised $2,320 to benefit Coaches vs. Cancer Spokane and the American Cancer Society! During Coaches vs. Cancer Week 2013, Team Numerica raised the funds by participating in BELiEVE T-Shirt Day and Suits & Sneakers Day.
- March for Babies - Team Numerica had 21 walkers participate in the March of Dime's March for Babies and raised more than $1,900 for the cause!
- Arbor Day - To honor Arbor Day Numerica's Coeur d'Alene and Hayden branches handed out free blue spruce seedlings to celebrate - thanks Idaho Forest Products Commission!
- Unveil the Trail - Unveil the Trail is an annual event, where volunteers help clean up the Centennial Trail to keep it looking spiffy. Our group of twelve employees, assisted in cleaning up Numerica's mile (21-22) on the trail. Numerica volunteers picked up garbage along the walk way, spruced up our mile marker with a new paint job and helped with other spring cleaning!
- Solomon's Porch - Employees from Numerica's Wenatchee branch put together a meal for teens in crisis at Solomon's Porch this week. The organization provides meals for 25-40 homeless teens in the area each night.
- Send a Friend a Goat Day - The Wishing Star Foundation crew stopped by Numerica's headquarters for Send a Friend a Goat 2013... With a baby goat! Numerica's Community Involvement Committee presented the organization with a $200 donation, then sent our new, little friend on to another local credit union.
- Ronald McDonald House - A group of Numerica employees put together a meal for families staying at the Ronald McDonald House in Spokane. The volunteer event was a part of the RMH Meal Program.
- MS Walk - A group of Numerican’s here in the Spokane area participated in the MS Walk and raised more than $1,280 for the cause!
- 2nd Harvest - Numerica employees helped box apples at 2nd Harvest!
- Snowflakes for Sandy Hook - Numerica employees got together and made 323 paper snowflakes for the children of Sandy Hook Elementary, as a part of "The Snowflake Project." The handmade snowflakes were sent to the Connecticut PTSA so that the children could decorate their new school.
- Numerica's Annual Auction Donations - Numerica employees raised $13,600 to donate between Greater Spokane County Meals on Wheels, Lake City Senior Center's Meals on Wheels, Inland NW Baby (serving Spokane and North Idaho), Teen Challenge in the Tri-Cities, and Haven of Hope in Wenatchee. Donation funds were raised at Numerica's 2012 Annual Employee Auction.
- Souper Bowl - Numerica sponsored the Women and Children's Free Restaurant's 8th Annual 'Souper Bowl' Sunday. It was an awesome day of playing in the snow at Mt. Spokane to support the organization. More than 300 people attended the event.