Through direct financial support and/or in-kind contributions to worthwhile organizations, Numerica Credit Union strives to be an active partner in the community and a responsible corporate citizen. Numerica Credit Union employees volunteered over 10,000 hours in 2013. We recognize that these actions support the credit union philosophy of "People Helping People."
Here are some events supported by Numerica in 2013 and 2014:
Throughout the Year
First Class School Champion of the Month is a program in North Central Washington that Numerica sponsors. Employees give many hours to this program, enhancing the importance of education for our youth. Click HERE to learn more about the First Class School Champion Program.
- Casual for a Cause - $325 was raised by Numerica employees for Family Promise of Spokane.
- Clothe A Child - Numerica had ten volunteers help with the Salvation Army’s annual event, assisting more than 200 low-income children with their shopping spree for clothing, shoes and coats at JC Penny.
- Santa Breakfast - Numerica’s elves helped out at the magical Santa Breakfast, benefiting Mobius Children’s Museum.
- Fantasy Flight - The Numerica crew dressed up holiday gear and visited the North Pole with some very special children from the Spokane Community – the 60 children, aged 4-10, are chosen from the area’s shelters and community programs.
- Casual for a Cause - Numerica employees donated $456 to help Double J Dog Ranch.
- Backpacks for Kids - On August 16, the Salvation Army handed out over 3,700 backpacks full of school supplies to local children. Numerica and Byte were there handing out goodies and greeting families as well.
- Casual for a Cause - Numerica employees raised $432 to help SNAP.
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month - Numerica employees purchased pink donuts, pink ties and put in pink hair extensions to raise awareness and donated $370.35 to benefit Susan G. Komen of the Inland Northwest.
- Blessings Under the Bridge - Numerica had 25 employees join the BUTB feed event.
- Casual for a Cause - Numerica employees raised $442 for Children's Miracle Network.
- United Way Day of Action - Each year, communities around the world come together to harness the volunteer spirit and improve the conditions in which they live; this year Numerica employees came together to garden and harvest at the Spokane Valley Partner’s Garden.
- JDRF - This year Numerica employees and our members raised $1,143 participating in the walk, purchasing JDRF “shoes” and candy grams!
- Numerica Blood Drive - We had 27 employees sign up for the Inland Northwest Blood Drive at Numerica on August 19. From those brave employees, we were able to collect 28 units!
- School Supply Drive - Numerica staff and members helped area schools kids head back to school in style and with the tools they need to learn!
- Ice Bucket Challenge for ALS - Numerica had 45 employees participate in our HQ Ice Bucket Challenge and donated $500 to ALS. We were nominated by Spokane Federal Credit Union and after our group did the challenge, we’re passing it on to Hapo and Horizon Credit Union.
- Casual for a Cause Day - Numerica employees raised $520 for Communities in Schools!
- #ActsOfAwesomeness - Staff members spent a Saturday at Riverfront Park giving away FREE tickets for the carousel!
- Kootenai Police-Fire Golf Tournament - Numerica was a sponsor of the Kootenai County Police and Fire Foundation’s annual golf tournament at Avondale Golf Course.
- Wine, Women & Shoes - A group of Numerica employees volunteered to help with theWine, Women and Shoes event at the Coeur d’Alene Resort tobenefit the Idaho Youth Ranch. Thanks to everyone that helped out and this great event raised $145,000!
- Backpacks For Kids - Numerica had 20 employees volunteer help The Salvation Army of Spokanewith their ‘Backpacks for Kids’ program. Our crew put together backpacks for the upcoming school year with donated supplies.
- Wandermere Community Fair - A community fair was held outside the branch from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and every had a blast.
- 2nd Harvest - The South Hill team had a blast volunteering at 2nd Harvest. They sorted potatoes and even found a few shaped like hearts.
- Tails at Twilight - This event was held at Rosenberger Ranch in Hayden, Idaho. Coeur d’Alene Chamber of Commerce partnered up with the Kootenai Humane Society for a beautiful summer evening of elegant dining, live entertainment and chances to win prizes. All proceeds went to support local animals.
- Casual for a Cause - Casual for a Cause Day- Numerica employees raised $346 for Blessings Under the Bridge! Staff also helped server food to the homeless.
- Bowl For Kid's Sake - Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Inland Northwest attended the Community Involvement Committee’s July meeting to recognize Numerica for making the 2014 Bowl For Kid’s Sake Top 10! They awarded us with the coveted Pin Trophy.
- Wenatchee Applesox - Numerica was the presenting sponsor and gave away 500 tickets to Wenatchee area members that RSVP’d. The event was a hit and one lucky attendee won a beach cruiser that we were giving away.
- Lemonade Stand - Numerica had a lemonade stand on Wednesday, July 2 at Numerica’s downtown branch. There was FREE lemonade and cookies, as part of our social media #ActsOfAwesomeness promo.
- Women's Conference - Numerica was the presenting sponsor of the annual Women’s Conference, hosted by the Coeur d’Alene Chamber.
- Hope Community Appreciation Night - There was a free BBQ with live music from Kelly Hughes band and Numerica was one of the sponsors of this fun community event.
- Hoopfest - Numerica was a major sponsor with 52 employee volunteers taping courts, helping in the Numerica Sponsor Garden, tearing down courts at the end and ten Numerica teams participated in the festivities.
- The Young Life Golf Classic - This event was held at the Deer Park Golf Club. Numerica was a hole sponsor.
- Mariachi Festival - This event featured music from Mariachis and local bands with food and beverages. A big thanks to our Tri-Cities teams that helped represent Numerica at this fun event!
- Casual for a Cause - Numerica employees raised $467 for Project Beauty Share!
- Ronald McDonald House - Numerica donated a gift basket full of goodies to the Ronald McDonald House.
- Pride Festival - The Numerica team partnered up with Inland Northwest Business Associates and their members to celebrate Pride Festival in downtown Spokane.
- Relay for Life of Post Falls/Coeur d'Alene - Relay For Life is an incredible and inspiring opportunity to unite as a community to honor cancer survivors, raise awareness about what we can do to reduce our cancer risk, and raise money to help the American Cancer Society fight the disease. Numerica’s Idaho teams raised $1,680!
- Relay for Life Spokane Valley - The theme was Pirates of the Cureibean everyone had a blast raising funds for this great cause!
- Fire on the Runway - This charitable event features a local fashion show, live auction and an opportunity for attendees to mingle with vendors and sponsors. All proceeds benefit the American Red Cross and the Numerica Mobile Experience was featured throughout the evening.
- Casual for a Cause - Numerica employees raised $413 for Relay for Life!
- Casual for a Cause - Numerica’s Tri-Cities employees raised $138 for A to Z Animal Shelter!
- Habitat for Humanity - Numerica employees helped build three houses in the Deer Park community. NCU had a crew of 30 volunteers who worked 90 hours!
- Pet Adoption Day - Numerica hosted a pet adoption day at their headquarters! SCRAPS brought lots of furry friends who needed a fur-ever home! Two lucky pets were adopted during the event – one was taken home by a Numerica employee! Monetary donations were collected during the event, totaling $729.12 and NCU employees brought in items needed at the animal organization.
- Bowl for Kids' Sake - Numerica had 20 participants representing the credit union at the annual event for Big Brothers Big Sisters. The group raised $2,465 for kids, and everyone had a great time!
- Ronald McDonald House - Numerica’s Five Mile branch made dinner for families staying at the Ronald McDonald House. Everyone enjoyed the delightful taco/nacho bar made by our crew, and our group had a great time visiting with the RMH residents.
- Windermere Marathon - Numerica employees volunteered at the Windermere Marathon pre-race expo, helping with packet pick-up.
- Cleaning Crew - Numerica employees from our Wenatchee and Entiat branches, along with their families, got together to clean up around the town of Entiat!
- 2nd Harvest - Numerica employees sorted 7,000 pounds of potatoes and 1,187 pounds of bread at 2nd Harvest!
- Casual for a Cause - Numerica employees raised more than $490 for Spokane Guilds' School & Neuromuscular Center!
- Unveil the Trail - Unveil the Trail is an annual event, where volunteers help clean up the Centennial Trail to keep it looking spiffy. Our group of 13 employees, assisted Friends of the Centennial Trail, in cleaning up Numerica's mile (21-22). Numerica volunteers picked up garbage along the mile to help keep it super fancy and green!
- March for Babies - Team Numerica had several walkers participate in the March of Dime's March for Babies!
- Send a Friend a Goat Day - Numerica had three employees help The Wishing Star Foundation for Send a Friend a Goat Day 2014! The crew took their baby goat, Frederick, around town, collecting donations for the charity along the way. They even visited Numerica’s CEO, Carla Altepeter! A bla-a-a-a-a-ast was had by all!
- Inland NW Baby Diaper Drive - Numerica employees had a blast helping collect diapers for this wonderful cause with an internal drive! NCU had 17 volunteers help out with the organization’s fifth annual “Stuff the Bus” event, helping gather more diapers from the community.
- Spokane Gives - Numerica had 15 employees help paint the Downtown Spokane Skate Park as part of the movement to “Give where you live”.
- MS Walk - Numerica’s crew in Spokane and the Tri-Cities participated in their community’s MS Walk! The teams raised $4,082!
- Tri-Cities Crime Stoppers - Numerica partnered with Tri-Cities Crime Stoppers and were able to shred 207 bins of old documents and received $3,640 in donations!
- 2nd Harvest - Numerica’s IT department volunteered at 2nd Harvest Food Bank. The group sorted, boxed and stacked over 15,000 pounds of potatoes!
- Pet Adoption Day - Numerica’s Hayden branch held an Adoption Day for the Kootenai Humane Society! The branch accepted monetary donations and pet supplies during the month of April to benefit the organization.
- Casual for a Cause - Numerica employees raised $608.14 for the Women & Children’s Free Restaurant!
- Emergency Casual for a Cause - Numerica employees raised funds to aid the mudslide victims of Oso, Washington. The Numerica team donated more than $2,600 to help the community impacted by the mudslide.
- Read Across America - Numerica employees gathered books for kids, teen and adults. 429 books were donated and given to Success by 6, the juvenile court system and the Union Gospel Mission!
- Casual for a Cause - Numerica employees raised $493 for the U-District Fund.
- Busia Compassionate Center - Numerica employees donated more than $2,400, plus clothing and shoes to help the Busia Compassionate Centre in Kenya!
- Sally's House - Numerica employees gathered donations to make Valentine’s Day special for 18 kids at The Salvation Army’s Sally’s House!
- Wenatchee Apple Blossom Festival - Numerica was a major sponsor of the Wenatchee Apple Blossom Festival. The pageant was held Saturday, February 8 at Wenatchee High School. Congrats to Princess Caroline, Queen Roslyn and Princess Morgan!
- Souper Bowl - The Souper Bowl Ski & Snowshoe event held at Mt. Spokane is on Super Bowl Sunday every year, and was a huge success! The event started nine years ago as a way for Spokane women to make a difference on the number one day for domestic partner abuse in the United States. Skiing, snowshoeing, and amazing soup and baked goods for lunch were prepared in time for everyone to get back to town to watch the game. Numerica’s sponsorship made it possible for 100% of registration fees and additional donations to go toward the mission of the Women & Children’s Free Restaurant & Community Kitchen.
- YMCA Pedal for a Purpose - At each of the YMCA branches, relay teams ride stationary bikes for this 6 hour event. Their goal is to raise awareness for the Y’s Annual Community Support Campaign, which gives children, families, and people of all ages the opportunity to enjoy the YMCA. This event creates a lot of excitement and enthusiasm within the community while highlighting the YMCA’s commitment to nurturing the potential of kids, promoting healthy living and fostering a sense of social responsibility. Numerica had a crew of biking machines participate in the YMCA's Pedal for a Purpose!
- Casual for a Cause - Numerica employees raised $488 for Cup of Cool Water of Spokane.
- 2nd Harvest Pasco - Our Pasco branch collected 103 pounds of food for Second Harvest in the Columbia Basin area! This was such a great achievement that they even received a thank you letter from Second Harvest's CEO, Jason Luke Clark.
- CEO on the Road - Numerica's CEO, Carla Altepeter, surprised five local charities with $5,000 each! Watch the video to see Carla in action, visiting Children's Village, Hearth Homes, Because There Is Hope, Operation Healthy Family and the Wishing Star Foundation.
- Meals on Wheels - Numerica employees made canned food donations throughout December and in January these items were given to Meals on Wheels of Spokane. Numerica Employees Rock!
- Tri City Americans Numerica Night - Saturday, January 18, was Numerica Night with the Tri-City Americans. The first 1,000 fans received co-branded keychain flashlights and others entered to win Ams swag at our Numerica table. We also gave 100 lucky Numerica members free admission to the game and 300 others received drawstring backpacks!
- Coaches vs Cancer - Numerica employees participated in Coaches vs Cancer through purchases of Believe shirts and Suits and Sneakers Day. All proceeds went to the American Cancer Society.
- Wenatchee Winter Ice Gala - The Wenatchee Winter Ice Gala at Town Toyota Center was an amazing event held on January 31, 2014... And to top it all off, Numerica raised $17,000 for the Area's Youth Enrichment Fund for the Community Foundation of NCW!