Starting off right.
Numerica is committed to fostering well-being, and that starts with financial education for our community's kids. We worked closely with superintendents and teachers to develop curricula and educational workshops for young adults at area schools and youth organizations. Let's start the financial conversations today, so youth have a positive relationship with money for tomorrow.
Numerica financial education programs are free and flexible. Whether you are looking for a single one-hour topic or want to create "real world" modules, we work with your goals in mind in a fun and interactive way! A sample of the topics we cover include:
- Creating S.M.A.R.T. (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, Time Frame) Savings Goals
- Understanding the difference between banks vs. credit unions (All ages)
- Building blocks to savings (Elementary)
- Interviewing for a Job (High School and older)
- Understanding Credit - Credit Score and Credit Cards. This session is covered best in two sessions. (High School and older)
- Creating a budget (High School and older)
- Investing (High School and older)
- Financial Simulation Students will become adults over night! They now have a house, job, bills and a family to support. What choices will they make? This session is covered best in two sessions. (High School and older)
- Student loans (High School and older)
- Fraud (High School and older)
- Check writing (High School and older)